Once a technician has achieved the Registered technician status they are eligible to take the Certified technician test.
For more information download the Certified Technician Brochure
The Certified Technician test is the second test for the RV Service Technician Certification. After successfully completing the Registered technician test technicians can now move on to become a Certified technician. The certified technician test is a comprehensive test designed to evaluate both general and specific knowledge as outlined in the RVST Standard/DACUM. The test consists of 200 multiple choice questions. The technician has 3 hours (180 minutes) in which to complete the test. The passing score for the “Certified” test is 76.5% or 153/200 correct answers.
Master Certified Technician
To be awarded Master level status, technicians must have five years of documented experience as an RV service technician and achieve a score of 90.0% or higher (180/200 correct answers) on the certified technician test.
Master Level Upgrade
Certified technicians may take the certification test in an attempt to upgrade to master level. The fee for testing is $325. Technicians who fail to achieve 90% or higher may retest at the full test fee of $325.
Test to Recertify
Technicians that do not meet the 20 hour continuing education requirement and/or the employment requirement to recertify can take the certification test to renew their certification. Test fee: $325.
Technicians that have let their Certification lapse can take the Certification test to be considered starting over. They are not required to take the Registered technician test. Test Fee: $325.
1. Pass the registered technician test.
2. Complete the 10 task sign-off sheets .
3. Complete test application and submit w/ payment.
Optional Test Preparation:
1. Utilize the Certification test prepartion course available through the Mike Molino RV Learning Center (learn more)
2. Utilize the FRVTA Distance Learning Program (learn more)
3. Utilize the text books
available as a complete set
1. Computer Requirements
2. Online testing format from work or home using ProctorU.
3. Test must be scheduled and completed within 4 weeks of submission of application. Passing score: Master: 90% (see above for additional requirements); Certified: 76.5%
4. Test fee $325. 00
5. Retesting: one time within 90 days: $25 fee (technician is required to submit another test application)
A preliminary score will appear on your screen after you have completed the test that can be sent to your e-mail account. Technicians will receive an official score report from the Technician Certification Registrar via US mail within 14 days. Technicians that successfully pass the certification test will also receive plaque, personalized certificate, three uniform patches, and a wallet ID card. The recognition packet is drop shipped separately via UPS.
To order additional patches use the Certified/Master Certified Technician Patch Order form
Please review Test Security Procedures and Appeal Process