***Please note we are moving to a common expiration date. This means that your renewal date will be the first day of the month following the month you earned your certification.
The RVDA-RVIA Service Technician Certifications are valid for 5 years.
Certified and Master Certified technicians must recertify every five years. The expiration date is printed on the technician’s laminated wallet card and certificate. Each certification can be renewed by utilizing training and meeting the employment requirement over the certification period or by taking the certification test again.
Certified and Master Technicians
1. Requirements and Procedures
2. Recertification Application
3. Fees: $100 renew w/training
$325 renew by test
4. Technicians that do not meet the training requirements, have left the industry for more than one year, or have let their certification expire, must re-take the certification test to be considered "Certified" again.
Due to program changes effective June 30, 2016, Specialty certifications can no longer be renewed.
Need training hours to recertify?
The Mike Molino RV Learning Center offers two certification preparation courses and five continuing education courses that provide technicians continuing education units (CEUs) upon completion and can be used for recertification. All content is provided online. Graphics, charts, and instructional videos address the specific needs of various learning styles. All courses include a final comprehensive practice test. The fee offers the technician access to the course for one year. Course enrollment form
See the listed courses and the hours/CEUs accepted towards recertification.
1. Registered technician course: 15 hours (CEUs)
2. Certified technician course: 25 hours (CEUs)
3. Continuing education courses: 5 hours (CEUs)/each (Appliances, Body, Chassis, Electrical Systems and Plumbing)
NOTE: There are no recertification requirements for the Registered technician level.
If a technician has not moved forward to Certified technician status,